Oak Meadow School, founded in 1977, serves children from toddlers through grade 8. Our mission is to create a diverse Montessori environment that provides the freedom and opportunity for each child to reach his/her potential, as well as to foster excitement for learning within our community of children and adults.
Oak Meadow School has reached a next and exciting chapter in its ongoing commitment to helping students to discover their talents and achieve their potential. Our school seeks to become a national leader in Montessori education in the 21st century. Following months of research, interviews, surveys, and meetings with teachers, parents, and community partners, we have launched a multi-year effort to integrate innovative practices and social-emotional learning into our program. In an era of innovation and entrepreneurship, Maria Montessori’s vision is still ahead of the curve, leading education in the 21st century. In addition to a deepening commitment to Montessori methodology, our teachers will continue to develop agency and capacity in innovation with the Korda Institute for Teaching, social-emotional learning with Lynne Reeves Griffin, and student assessment in association with schools in the Mastery Transcript Consortium.
Oak Meadow School begins with toddlers and goes through eighth grade. Our school was founded in 1977 and has a reputation for matriculating eighth grade graduates to some of the finest independent high schools in Massachusetts, including Concord Academy, Middlesex School, and Lawrence Academy. High school admissions directors report that our graduates are “intelligent and articulate,” “hardwired to flourish,” “actively engaged as learners,” and “think on their feet as they grapple with moments when the answer isn’t easily discovered.”
What is most remarkable about our school is its culture. Students are kind and considerate in ways that will surprise you. Much of this is based on a school culture that includes multi-age classrooms and opportunities throughout the school year for students to be mentors and mentees across all age levels. Just as important, this is a great place to work. One teacher put it this way: “This is a nurturing and positive environment where you have the freedom to explore and try new ideas.” Teachers are especially excited about the school’s deep commitment to social-emotional learning, for the students and adults as well.
We offer a low student/teacher ratio and highly experienced staff. Our community provides dedicated professionals with a leadership team committed to a creating a highly supportive workplace. Oak Meadow offers an attractive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, SIMPLE IRA, tuition remission (for full-time employees) and professional development opportunities.
Oak Meadow School does not discriminate in admission, financial aid, or administration of its educational policies and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a qualified handicapped individual.
Open Positions for the 2020–21 School Year:
Business Operations Manager
The business operations manager works in partnership with the head of school, administration, and trustee committees to build an inclusive and diverse community, ensure that facilities and physical resources are safe and aligned with the School’s mission and vision, and support practices and planning to strengthen school financial sustainability. This is a full-time, 12-month position, which reports directly to the head of school and is an integral part of the administrative and leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates closely with the head of school, administrative team, and the diversity/equity/inclusion (DEI) task force to shape employee policies and norms, building diversity and inclusion in hiring and retention. Provides HR support to faculty and staff.
- Monitors and ensures the school’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Health, Safety, Security and Facility Management:
- Partners with the head of school and board committees to oversee and manage the school’s physical plant as well as emergency plans for safety, security, and health.
- Supervises four employees: Facilities Coordinator, School Nurse, Front Office Assistant, and Auxiliary Programs Director.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the school’s accounting outsourcing company, lenders, and auditors. Provide financial data including AP invoices and payroll changes.
- Provide assistance during budget creation, compensation discussion, and tuition setting. Prepare and verify financial documentation for board meetings.
- Handles deposits, financial aid, and oversight of tuition payments through FACTS management; develops and monitors program and department budgets and internal ordering procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred
- Experience in an administrative role, preferably with a non-profit
- Demonstrated leadership qualities – organizing people and processes and working collaboratively with co-workers and other school community members
- Keen analytical skills and a detail-oriented work style
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite products
Please send letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references to:
Head of School
Oak Meadow School
After School Assistant
Are you responsible, fun, love kids, and looking for a JOB?
We are looking for people to supervise on-campus, after-school activities for small groups of 1 – 5 children.
- Ages range from 18 months to 6th grade
- Hours: Mon to Thu, 3:30- 5:15pm
- Salary: $13.50/hour
Health & safety protocols are in place. Applicants from high school to adult are welcome. Please send resume to Antonella Fuchser, Director of Auxillary Programs, at email@example.com.