We invite parents to visit our school in order to learn more about our academic program, educational philosophy, school community and culture.
2. Submit Application Materials
Applications must be submitted by January 31 in order to be considered with our primary pool of applicants. Those received after that date will be considered if space is available, or for our wait-list.
Download, complete and submit your application with the $75 application fee to the Admission Office to begin the admission process.
If your child is currently enrolled in a school or daycare, complete the appropriate form.
AISNE TEACHER EVALUATION FORMS
If your child is currently enrolled in a school or daycare, their teacher or daycare provider must submit the following form(s). Created by the Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE), these standard evaluation forms are used by many independent schools. Evaluations are confidential and should be returned directly to the Admissions Office by your child’s teacher(s).
- Children up through Grade 1
- Grades 2-5
- Grades 6-8 English Teacher
- Grades 6-8 Math Teacher
- Grades 6-8 School Administrator
If your child has undergone a professional evaluation (e.g. speech, hearing, or neuropsychological), please submit any documentation provided following that evaluation to the Office of Admission at Oak Meadow School.
Beginners and Children’s House
Following the submission of the application and applicable evaluation forms, a parent/child interview will be scheduled with the Director of Admission. This observational interview provides an opportunity to learn more about your child, as well as parent expectations, and also allows for assessment of your child’s developmental readiness for our classroom environment.
Children must be 18 months old to be eligible for admission to our Beginner’s program; children must be 3 years old by September 1st to be eligible for admission to our Children’s House program.
Elementary and Middle School
- Classroom Visit for Student Applicants – Once the application, transcripts, and applicable evaluations and documentation have been submitted, a classroom visit is scheduled to provide an opportunity for prospective students to experience a day in our Montessori classrooms.
- Parent Interview – After your child’s classroom visit, a parent interview will be held with the Director of Admission. This is an opportunity for you to share important characteristics of your child, and for you to learn more about Oak Meadow.
Offers of admission are mailed out beginning March 10 for the following school year. Admission notifications continue throughout the spring on a rolling basis as openings are available.