We invite parents to visit our school in order to learn more about our academic program, educational philosophy, our school community and culture. We have several opportunities for you to visit:
- Take-a-Tour Tuesdays
- Fall or Spring Open Houses
- Individual Tours with the Director of Admission and Classroom Observations
2. Submit Application Materials
Submit all appropriate application materials and fee to the Admission Office for review. Applications must be submitted by January 31 in order to be considered with our primary pool of applicants. Those received after that date will be considered if space is available, or for our wait-list.
For Children’s House and older applicants:
1. Release of Information
If your child is currently enrolled in a school or attends daycare, please print and complete the appropriate Release of Information form. This will authorize Oak Meadow School personnel to speak to the student’s current teachers, daycare providers, or other professionals, if necessary. For Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary, and Middle School applicants, this Release of Information will also authorize your child’s current school to mail an official copy of your child’s transcript directly to the Office of Admission at Oak Meadow School.
- Children’s House Release of Information
- Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary, and Middle School Release of Information
If your child has undergone a professional evaluation (e.g. speech, hearing, or neuropsychological), please submit any documentation provided following that evaluation to the Office of Admission at Oak Meadow School.
AISNE Student Evaluations
If your child is currently enrolled in a school or attends daycare, please request that the Association of Independent Schools of New England (AISNE) Student Evaluation form be filled out by the applicant’s current teacher or daycare provider. The teacher or daycare provider should mail the completed form(s) directly to the Office of Admission at Oak Meadow School.
Following submission of the application and applicable evaluation forms, a parent/child interview will be scheduled with the Director of Admission. This informational interview lasts approximately 45 minutes. Children are eligible for admission to our Beginners program when they are 18 months old.
Following submission of the application and applicable evaluation forms, a parent/child interview will be scheduled with the Director of Admission. This observational interview lasts approximately 45 minutes, and provides an opportunity to learn more about your child, as well as parent expectations. The parent/child interview also allows for assessment of your child’s developmental readiness for our classroom environment. Children are eligible for admission to our Children’s House program when they are 3 years old by September 1.
Elementary and Middle School
- Classroom Visit for Student Applicants – Once the application, transcripts, and applicable evaluations and documentation have been submitted, a classroom visit is scheduled to provide an opportunity for prospective students to experience a day in our Montessori classrooms.
- Parent Interview – After your child’s classroom visit, a parent interview will be held with the Director of Admission. This is an opportunity for you to share important characteristics of your child, and for you to learn more about Oak Meadow.
Offers of admission are mailed out beginning March 10 for the following school year. Admission notifications continue throughout the spring on a rolling basis as openings are available.